Sunday, November 18, 2012

Gone Fishin' No More

Jonathan and I have been without Internet in our home for so long that I had forgotten what it was like to check my email without carting Netty to campus or to not have to explain to Jonathan over the phone how to pay our power bill on a website I couldn't see. I had also forgotten how much time I waste on Facebook. In some ways, it's almost a little too bad that we have Internet now, because I was starting to become so domestic without the constant technological lure of the computer. I know it means I just need to be more self-disciplined and not allow myself to return to those old days of hours hitting "Refresh" to see if maybe in the last twenty-five seconds somebody put something that I even cared about on their "wall," or better yet, if someone posted on my "wall."

However, one good thing about the return of our beloved Internet is that I will be able to post pictures of Netty again. I'm pretty sure our non-Facebook-using-or-picture-message-getting family, especially Grandma Phelps, will appreciate this change. I also hope to do a little more writing. When my Internet time was precious and few, I didn't write so much because it took too much time. I had forgotten how much I love to write. But don't despair if you're one of those people who just scans for pictures and moves on. There will be plenty of pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment