Netty is a very busy girl. She needs lots of stimulation and lots and lots of attention. I accomplish very little during her awake hours. Although she is getting better at playing on her own or talking to herself, she still wants me near.
While I was trying to get our computer hooked up and our bedroom cleaned, Netty kept playing with a lamp cord. I'd pull her away, and she'd manage to scoot back to the cord. After three attempts, I gave up. I moved Netty to the other side of the room and gave her some yarn. She was so happy and played with it for several minutes. Don't worry, I kept a close eye on her. Her legs and feet got tangled in it, but that was about it.
After moving into a much smaller apartment, I decided to downsize my giraffe collection. It was a difficult decision, but the bottom line was that we just don't have space. I kept the ones that really meant something to me or that were too cute for me to get rid of, and then in one day, Rexburg's Deseret Industries received a very sizable giraffe donation. While I was sorting through my giraffes, Netty found this little rubber one that she's chewing on. It quickly became her favorite toy.
Netty's newest favorite toys, however, are the twelve plastic eggs that I bought two Easters ago to make Jello eggs (I never did make them). I'm not sure how she got a hold of them, but she loves them. This is a common scene in my day. Netty has backed herself under our coffee table and has gotten out of reach of all of her eggs. She tries to get them with all her might, but she hasn't figured out that just like she can scoot backward, she can also scoot forward if she wants to.
Netty has at last met Gabriel! She loves her reflection and talks to it whenever I set her down in front of my full-length mirror.
I am so grateful to my brother Aaron for giving us his Baby Einstein DVDs. Netty is in love with them. She gets really excited when the little caterpillar comes on in the beginning. She also gets excited when the "Disney DVD" appears on the screen. She heard the music when Jon put in a different Disney movie and practically jumped out of my arms to see the TV. I'm pretty sure she was disappointed when she realized it wasn't her movie. I took this picture at the Reading Center. While Jon was being tutored, Netty was going nuts. Finally, I went to YouTube and found Baby Van Gogh, which is Netty's favorite movie. As you can see, she attacked the screen.
Through the month of July I spent hours upon hours putting together this book for Netty. I had a card for a free photo book from Shutterfly.com, so I decided to use it. The first half includes Netty's four-generation family tree, a brief history of how Jonathan and I met and got married in a matter of three months, and all of my baby bump pictures that are craftily arranged in a yearbook format. The last half of the book contains pictures of Netty through her first two months, as well as the words of her baby blessing and an acrostic written by yours truly. I hope that someday she will treasure it.



No comments:
Post a Comment