Sunday, November 18, 2012

To Everything There is a Season

When Jonathan and I were preparing to return to Idaho after my student teaching we felt so good about moving to St. Anthony. We were excited to start a new chapter in our lives in which I would finally graduate and we would become parents. The instant we pulled up in front of our apartment in St. Anthony, my heart sank. Sparing you all the details, we hated that apartment. When the opportunity came to move back to Rexburg, we jumped on it. Not only would rent be cheaper, we'd also spend a lot less in gas, and Jonathan would be able to spend more time at home.

Netty has done so well through the whole move. Trying to keep her on a bit of a schedule has been super difficult, but she's handled it fine. I am grateful to have such a tough little girl. We are so happy to be in this new phase of life back in Rexburg. The three of us are thriving.

For a while we wondered why we felt so good about moving to St. Anthony in the first place. The conclusion that we've come to is that our Main and Bridge apartment was preparing us so that we would enjoy our Twin Pines apartment. Perhaps there are other reasons that we will know later or that we will never know. But no matter what, I am so thankful for a loving Heavenly Father who has led us to this point in our lives where we can be so happy.

Netty next to our "outside view" from our St. Anthony apartment 

Outside view from our kitchen table in St. Anthony

 Outside view from our kitchen table in Rexburg

A sunny day a couple of days ago. This is what I saw when I opened my blinds. I was in heaven!

No comments:

Post a Comment