Wednesday, October 10, 2012

General Conference

For those who haven't heard, Netty and I are staying in Utah for a week or two. Jonathan and I decided a while back that we were all going to go to Utah for General Conference. Then last Thursday, I was diagnosed with Mono. I feel like maybe I'm getting to the point where I might survive this, but for a while I was doubtful. I don't know that I have ever been so sick in my life. So we continued with our plans of coming to Utah, but Jonathan left us in Utah so my parents and sister could help me with Netty. Jon is a wonderful help at home, but with how much he has to focus on school, I didn't want to put more pressure on him. I absolutely hate being away from Jonathan, but I think it's for the best until I am well enough to take care of things at home on my own.

The following pictures were taken after the final session of General Conference on Sunday. I'm posting them mostly for Jonathan's sake because I know he misses his baby girl, but everyone else is welcome to see them as well.

 
This is Netty's pretty signature look. Her super power is staring people down, and she is very good at it.

 In the last little while I noticed that Netty was getting really thirsty when she would eat her cereal. I tried giving her a bottle of water, but the nipple would get clogged so easily. So we are entering the world of sippy cups. She drinks from them like a champ. A champ who lets water dribble down their chin and soak their clothes, but a champ nonetheless.


 I don't know how you could not love this face. The toy in her hands is from Grandma, Jon's mom. Netty loves this thing because it completely gives when she chews on it. I think it's only a matter of time before one of her two teeth punctures it.....

 I feel so lucky to have such a happy baby. She has plenty of unhappy moments, but overall, she is very content. It just kills me when she sticks out that little tongue.

Here is a prime example of her stare-down. Papa was making his signature noise. I guess it kind of sounds like a duck quack, but not quite. It's kind of hard to describe. Anyway, all of the grandchildren know it as Papa's sound. Apparently Netty wasn't amused. Poor Papa. He was trying so hard to get a smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment