I don't know what it is about this year, but I feel so much more in the mood for Christmas than I have in the last few years. I've been itching to watch Christmas movies and bake cookies and decorate a Christmas tree! Jon said we don't really need a tree since we will be in Utah for Christmas, but I say otherwise.... We will be having a tree this year, even if it's only for a few weeks. It's our first Christmas together, and I'm determined to start tradition-building now.
This quilt was a wedding gift from my grandma, Ruth Yukish. She started a tradition many, many years ago of making quilts for her grandchildren when they are born, when they graduate from high school, and when they get married. My mom and I picked out the fabric. She doesn't typically do patchwork, but she was so excited when she saw all of the bright colors we chose. I couldn't be happier with it!
Today Jonathan made the BEST hot chocolate I have ever had. He made Stephen's raspberry hot chocolate and put French vanilla creamery in it. I drank it while watching the snow fall outside and listening to Christmas music. Life doesn't get a whole lot better than that. Tonight my cousin Nicole is coming over to watch Elf. She is bringing taco soup for dinner, and we're going to have more hot cocoa and eat sugar cookies and crescent rolls. I'm pretty sure this is how heaven will be.
Rexburg is already absolutely freezing. Last fall we didn't have snow in Rexburg until after Thanksgiving. This is our second snowfall so far this semester. Pretty good considering we've made it passed midterms without a ton of snow. Now is when the semester really gets crazy. Jon and I are both trying to do well in our classes. Midterm grades are never very accurate, but I'm afraid we still have a lot of work to do if we're going to get through this semester. Most of my classes right now require a large amount of teaching at Madison Junior High. The good thing about this is that it has forced me to become more comfortable in a real classroom. In fact, a few semesters ago I wasn't able to give presentations in my classes because I was too afraid of being in front of people. Now, even though I still get a little nervous, I get up in front of classes all the time with relative ease. I have been surprised at how much I truly enjoy teaching. I guess I'm going into the right field.
Yum that hot chocolate sounds yummy! Man, you invited Nicole over and not me!? No fair! Haha. Sounds like a fun night! I love Elf! Well sounds like life is good for you! Have you been feeling ok? And do you have a baby bump yet? Love you guys!
ReplyDeleteI have a little bump, but it's not much yet. For now it just looks like I've gained weight in my stomach. When I get a little bigger I'll take a picture and post it.
ReplyDelete