This morning we had another appointment. Can I just say how happy I am that I live in this time period when I can listen to my baby's heartbeat every few weeks? It sure takes away a lot of my anxiety about the baby's health. The nurse said that the baby's heartbeat is very strong, and it was easy to find. For those who don't know, last week we went to the Emergency Room because I had a UTI. It seemed like a drastic step for such a little problem, but because of the pregnancy and our insurance's nurse hotline, we decided to get it taken care of. While there the ER nurse had a hard time finding the heartbeat, and when they did, it was sounded faint. Luckily, this was only due to the fact that the monitor was old and not very good. Even still, I feel so much better after today's visit to the doctor because now I know that the baby is doing really well.
This has been an exciting week because the baby has been moving around a lot. I've been feeling it for several days now, and Jon has been able to feel it a few times over the last couple of nights. On December 9th, three weeks from today, we have an ultrasound and will at last know the gender of our baby. Jon and I can hardly wait!

No comments:
Post a Comment