Sunday, November 13, 2011

This Weekend: More Christmas!

Friday's date night led Jonathan and I to Walmart to buy a Christmas tree. I know it's early, but holidays at school seem to be skipped over. If I wait until after Thanksgiving to begin celebrating Christmas, I don't feel like I have enough time to truly get into the Spirit of Christmas. So we bought a tree, lights, some red and green balls, and a star. We forgot to buy hooks for the balls, so they are hanging on the tree by red and white and green and white paperclips that we had on hand. My former roommate NaDene came over for dinner tonight and the three of us cut out snowflakes for the tree with nifty Christmas scissors. We had such a fun night, and the tree has certainly rocketed us further into the Christmas Spirit!



Also this weekend I took the English content Praxis test required for student teaching. I had been studying for weeks, but I still felt anything but prepared. I took an old Praxis test this week and did really well on it; however, the test I took on Saturday was harder. I'm not sure how I did, and I won't find out until December. At least it's over now and I can stop focusing on studying for it and I can concentrate on the miracle that will be passing my classes!

I have really resisted putting a picture of my belly on the Internet. I'm self-conscious about my stomach enough as it is, and now that's the whole point of posting the picture. But Jon convinced me that yes, my middle is getting bigger but that the smaller numbers on the scale are evidence that the baby is growing, not me. We are now at week 16, and in the last week I have felt the baby move a few times. I can also find the baby sometimes when I'm lying down, even if I can't feel it move simply because of how hard it is compared to the rest of my tummy. And so, here is a picture, and here's hoping I at least look a little pregnant and not just fatter and fatter.

4 comments:

  1. Baby bumbs are so cute. You are brave to post it. I always hid mine behind loose maternity clothes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I vote for pregnant, not fat! I'm so excited for you! Man, I can't believe you have your tree up already!!

    ReplyDelete