Many of you already know, but now we have a picture to prove it. (So glad that what has been growing in my tummy wasn't just in my head!!!)
Everyone's first reaction (mine and Jon's included) has been "Wow, that was fast!" And actually, we've known for over a month now. I am continually amazed with technology--the fact that I could take a pregnancy test a whole week before I missed my period and get an accurate result.
This baby is a definite miracle. It's coming a little sooner than expected, but it is a sure-fire answer to prayer. I know many women try for years to get pregnant, and I feel very fortunate that it worked out right away for me. When I decided to marry Jon, I knew that a baby would follow pretty quickly. In fact, during the Winter semester when I was nannying for my sister, well before I met Jon, I felt that a baby was coming soon. At the time I passed it off as wishful thinking because I did not see marriage and family in my future. Now, however, it seems so simple and natural that I can't believe I ever doubted. During our first Family Home Evening we both came to realize that our baby was ready and just waiting on us. A week and a half later I took the test (three tests actually, because I didn't believe the results), and we couldn't have been happier.
Pregnant life is more difficult than I thought it would be. I'm sick ALL THE TIME. Poor Jon often has to cook on his own, often when I'm in the back so I can't smell it. Getting to class has never been easy for me, but it's become even more challenging since I have morning sickness as a very real reason to keep me in bed. I have been worried about the health of the baby, but at our ultrasound today, the nurse said the baby's heartbeat is very strong, bringing the chance of miscarriage from 20% to 1%. See the beating heart made the entire thing more real, and it also made me a little more okay with being sick. I know it will be worth it.
My official due date is April 29th. Good news for the baby is that it has one extra day to be late and still be the first April baby in my family. We've been needing one!
April is a great month! I broke the trend in my fam as well, but now I'm due again in April. Maybe I'll be early...? Well I'm amazed you can make it to class at all. Being sick is terrible. I feel bad too about not being able to cook for the fam. They have all suffered from lack of veggis. Thank goodness they have vitamins. I can't believe you could test a week before your date. That is pretty great technology. I didn't know your blog until my cousin told me! Congrats you guys! I hope our kids will be best buds...when they can visit. I guess we live super far from eachother, but just know you are always welcome to be our neighbors:) Good luck with it all you 2! love ya!
ReplyDelete