I wanted Netty to love Atticus, but when she didn't want to have anything to do with him for almost a month, I was a little discouraged. In the last few weeks, though, she has come to adore him. She hasn't tried to pick him up (so grateful for that!), but she will hold him with help, she won't go to bed until she's "given him loves," she worries when he cries, and she wants to involve him in everything we do--including dinner, when she tried to stick a chicken finger in his mouth.
A frequent sight at our house--Netty trying to play with Atticus while he's trying to sleep in his bed.
We had just gotten home from a shopping trip, and while Jon and I unloaded bags, Netty played with Atticus.
Every night before bed Netty kisses Atticus. Sometimes she doesn't want to kiss me, but she always kisses Atticus.
While making breakfast one morning I lay Atticus on the floor. Netty found my old phone, which is now one of her favorite toys, and had been walking around with it up to her ear. When she saw Atticus on the floor, she decided he needed to play too.

No comments:
Post a Comment