Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Why So Long...

Yes, the four-week absence was somewhat intentional. It's because when you have news that's good enough to share with the whole world and you're trying to prove to your husband that yes, you can keep a secret, you have to take a sabbatical from social media, including your family blog. But now we can share. Actually, I could have shared a week ago, but we've been spending so much time with family that I haven't had much time for blogging.

 
Jon and I found out about a month ago that Baby #2 is en route, due July 25, 2013. By now, most people have already heard either from us personally by way of visit or phone call or semi-personally (which is really a way of saying not personally at all) via Facebook. Please don't take it personally if we didn't call you or show up on your doorstep. Between the Kays and the Phelpses, we had a lot of people to tell, and with a croupy baby, two car breakdowns, and a crappy cell phone battery, we weren't able to call everyone that we wanted to call. If you are just finding out for the first time, I apologize for not getting the word our sooner. If you're a frequenter of Facebook and you're still finding out now for the first time, well, shame on you for not paying closer attention to your news feeds.

More to come later. Wishing you all a Happy New Year.

Love,
The Phelpses

1 comment:

  1. OK so CONGRATS! You are brave to embark on another pregnancy and life with having 2 kids. It's always an adventure, but doing what's right is the most important! I admire you guys! Also I LOVED the post about the Ferber baby and I just devoured every word laughing all the while when it suddenly struck me that Bryce is a TERRIBLE sleeper especially at night, screaming bloody murder until all the kids are awake and complaining usually 2-3 times a night(I rarely hear him more than once because Kyle usually gets him at night he goes in and rubs his back until he settles down). Anyway I have done the ferber thing with my other kids, but felt like I just couldn't with Bryce because if we didn't rush right in then it wouldn't be fair to the other kids...long story short I did this and after 2 times of bryce crying it out while the other kids slept in the guest room things around here have been quite wonderful!!! THANK YOU for posting that and I quite agree with Jon there!!! Crazy lady, I bet she wasn't able to have kids because I have yet to meet a child that isn't put in a situation where they cry for more than a minute...take the carseat for instance:)

    ReplyDelete