Tuesday, January 29, 2013

One Proud Mama

I always thought it was silly and ridiculous how parents would gush over their completely average children. But one conversation with my mom would tell you that I've turned into one of those ridiculous parents. I'm call my mom almost every day with the newest Netty developments, which usually involve her doing the same thing that every other kid her age is doing. I am grateful that she doesn't point out my silliness, because I am well aware of it. However, that doesn't stop me from beaming every time Netty does something new. I feel overwhelmed with joy when I think how this little girl went from doing absolutely nothing to holding two toys at once, army crawling all over our apartment, and saying "mamamamam" and "dadadadada."

 When a boy in our ward only four days older than Netty was pulling himself up to stand at our coffee table before Christmas, I felt a little depressed that my own brilliant child wasn't doing the same thing. After all, the doctor had told me that Netty was ahead of schedule. Now that the same little boy is walking, I don't feel so bad about Netty being a little behind him. I'm not ready for her to start walking! However, I was super excited one day when Netty pulled herself up to the coffee table. I cheered for her and clapped, and she thought it was great. She, too, started banging on the table with glee.

And then she lost her balance....

No comments:

Post a Comment