Christmas in Utah with our families was wonderful. We feel so fortunate that the Kays and the Phelpses live relatively close so we could see both of our families on Christmas.
I made this absolutely ADORABLE Christmas decoration when I was in Kindergarten. For years my mom hung it in the kitchen, but more recently she hasn't. So I have made a goal to ensure that periodically throughout the year Mom finds a little Christmas cheer throughout the house. At Thanksgiving I hung it in the living room, and while Jon and I were in Utah, she hung it in the room we were staying in. Notice the askew picture frame on which it is hanging. That's because she heard us coming and was in a hurry. We left it up through most of our stay. Sadly, this year it was put away with all the other Christmas decorations.
Here's our family on Christmas Eve. Netty wasn't cooperating very well for the picture, but that's nothing new. She's a "squirm-worm."
This is a much better picture of Netty, although sadly, we didn't get a good picture with a smiling Netty AND Stephie's face.
Netty was very confused when we woke her up early on Christmas morning. But it was a busy day and we needed to get an early start. She did love the little plate of wooden doughnuts that Santa left her. She might have loved them more if they were REAL doughnuts.
This was Netty's face through most of Christmas morning. The poor girl didn't enjoy most of her presents until we got back to Rexburg almost two weeks later and she finally got a good night's sleep.
I crocheted scarves this year for Jon's parents and my mom. I decided that Netty needed one as well, so here's Netty with HoneyGram in their matching scarves. They also have matching peacoats.
This was the one present Netty really played with on Christmas morning. My parents bought her this push-toy that has all kinds of spinning toys on the front. She still loves it, and she chases it around the room as she's playing with it.
This is the only way I accomplish anything in the kitchen. Netty wants to be at my side all the time. Usually she just wants to be held, but in the kitchen she loves her very own drawer.
One Sunday evening Netty was really hungry but dinner wasn't ready yet. I put some Cheerios on her tray, but she insisted on eating the yogurt I was eating.
Yogurt Face
And an Otter Pop
Netty gets into everything these days. These little drawers keep her busy for a while. Thankfully, she doesn't know that the tops come off and the pens actually write!
No comments:
Post a Comment