Thursday, May 3, 2012

Our First Week


Netty came home from the hospital on Friday. Jon had classes throughout the day, so he stopped by to visit us before we went home, but my mom ended up taking us home. It was nice to finally be home from the hospital. During the first night, the nurses came in every twenty minutes to check Netty's temperature because it was a little low. The next night they didn't come in quite so much, but it was still annoying.

Once home, I slept most of the day and night, getting up to feed Netty and not much more. I am so grateful that my mom was here to take care of the cooking and cleaning and to stay up with Netty. I definitely needed the sleep. She left on Tuesday, and I must say that I am missing her more than I've ever missed her before.


On Monday we had a doctor appointment. She was 6 pounds, 1 ounce, almost back at her birth weight. She is in the 7th percentile for weight and 52nd percentile for height (she definitely gets that boost in height from the Phelps side). After her appointment, she had her heal pricked at the hospital. I know she was miserable, but I'm pretty sure it was harder on me than on her. Luckily, her jaundice has pretty much cleared up, so we don't have to go through that again.


Now that HoneyGram is gone, Netty and I spend a lot of time hanging out while Jon is at school. I didn't take a lot of pictures while HoneyGram was here, so now I have to adjust to taking all the pictures. We're settling in to a chaotic routine that's not so routine. Netty will sleep for several hours in a row if I'm holding her, but only in ten-minute increments when I put her in bed. She eats really well, though, and is fairly content when she is awake. She is definitely a sweetheart.

4 comments:

  1. She is adorable! So tiny! I'm sure you're so happy to have her here. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its so hard not to be there and hold her. She is more adorable every day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are some cute pictures. Congrats on being new parents. It's definitely not easy, but little Netty's smiles and love will help with those tough times! You guys will be great. You'll laugh and cry at the same time when you're too tired to know what's going on, but you have a perfect little family that will keep ya going!!!

    ReplyDelete