Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Moving With a Baby

I had every intention to update our blog at least a couple times each week for the sake of Grandma Phelps, but I have not been so good at it. The girl who once checked her email seventy-five times a day (not an exaggeration) now sometimes doesn't touch a computer for days at a time. I have, however, watched more M*A*S*H than I care to admit because that is something I can do during feedings, which sometimes come as often as every hour.

We have now been in our new apartment for two weeks. Aside from a plumbing issue when we first moved in and the fact that we STILL don't have our Internet service transferred, things have gone relatively smoothly. We are still unpacking, a feat that takes much longer with a new baby than I realized. However, it does help that I'm starting to get the hang of Netty's sleeping pattern, and that helps a great deal. Maybe we'll be all moved in by this time in 2014...

Netty has been a real trooper as I try to figure out this whole "mommy thing." I am getting much more efficient at bathing her, and I'm becoming a pro at breastfeeding in the backseat of the car. I've also discovered that she doesn't like to sleep in the dark. She won't sleep in her bed unless I turn a lamp on. Netty has learned just how long to suck during feedings until my milk lets down, and then she detaches her mouth from me and lets the milk run in--and, incidentally, all over her face as well. She also roots and screams while I get positioned for feedings, and then as soon as I'm ready for her to latch on, she starts sucking on her fingers or feigns sleeping. I didn't know a three-week-old baby could be a tease.

No comments:

Post a Comment