Look out for Mr. Stork
That persevering chap
He'll come along and drop
A bundle in your lap
You may be poor or rich
It doesn't matter which
Millionaires, they get theirs
Like the butcher and the baker
So look out for Mr. Stork
And let me tell you, friend
Don't try to get away
He'll find you in the end
He'll spot you out in China or he'll fly to County Cork
So you better look out for Mr. Stork
Look out for Mr. Stork
He's got you on his list
And when he comes around
It's useless to resist
Remember those quintuplets and the woman in the shoe
Maybe he's got his eye on you
Induction time was 7:30, but I needed an antibiotic that had to be in my system for four hours. They checked for dilation (I was at a 5), broke my water, and gave me the antibiotic, but they didn't start pitocin until around 11:00. They cranked it two notches every half hour, and after about an hour or two, the contractions started moving in. By around 4:45 I was wanting to push, but the doctor wasn't there yet. About that point I decided I wanted an epidural, but I was too late. I was already at 9 1/2 cm, and the contractions were on top of one another. At 5:00 I started pushing, and at 5:15 p.m., Netty Kay Phelps made her appearance at 6 pounds, 2 ounces, and 19 inches long.
Netty was awake for about the first two hours after she was born. She latched on right away (though future attempts at nursing have not come so easily as the first), and has been relatively calm. Even her screams are soft. I have loved just staring at her, watching her breathing and talking to her as she bats her dark eyes at me.
I was very grateful that they bathed Netty and let me shower before moving us to our new room with clean sheets. The bed is much more comfortable. Cousin Nicole was Netty's first visitor, and she was welcomed with open arms when she came in with pizza, courtesy of Uncle Brent. :)
Delivering a baby is anything but easy, but in less than 12 hours it's already worth it. So, "Look out for Mr. Stork, that persevering chap. He'll come along and drop a bundle in you lap!"
So fun! Congrats! You look awesome and I just want to visit also and bring you something yummy.good luck with sleep. Enjoy Netty! I showed everyone here the pics of Netty and at dinner spence said the sweetest prayer for her without any suggestion from us! He prayed that baby Netty would grow strong and healthy, which I've never heard him say that about anyone before! Take care!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations! She's a doll. And way to go Lindsey, delivering naturally! You're a champ. So, so, SO excited for you guys!
ReplyDeleteGood job Lindsey! We're so happy for you. Netty is beautiful!
ReplyDeleteAwesome!! We are so excited to meet Netty! Congratulations on your little family! She is adorable!
ReplyDeleteI'm so happy for you guys! She is adorable! I'm glad everything went well. Congratulations!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations!! We are so happy for you. And I'm so impressed you did it without an epidural. You are amazing! What a beautiful little girl. Enjoy every minute.
ReplyDelete