I finally gave up on putting off reading Pride and Prejudice. I've been wanting to read it but decided to wait and read it aloud to Netty (not that she'll find much enjoyment in it, but it would be good exposure to classic literature). But I decided that since she's being uncooperative, I'm going to be uncooperative, and I started it without her.
On Sunday, Jon stuck in Disney's Robin Hood, one of our favorites. Netty knows the music well, and she started kicking when it came on. I said, "Netty, if you'd just get here already, you'd be able to watch it with us." For that I got a strong kick in the ribs, and she spent the rest of the movie still and pouting.
HoneyGram (my mom) said she's losing her patience with Netty because she can't just keep putting her life on hold. So I had a talk with Netty and said, "It's very rude to keep people waiting like this. HoneyGram can't wait around for you. You need to cooperate and just come so that she can get back to her life." With that, Netty rolled over and probably went back to sleep.
No comments:
Post a Comment