Having two babies is hard, especially because they are close enough to be practically twins, but different enough that they each present me with different challenges. But what makes it all worth it is how much these two kids love each other.
When we were still in Rexburg, Netty started to take interest in Atticus, and it mostly started when we decided to bathe them together.
Just a few nights ago Netty threw a fit and I couldn't realize what she wanted. She was trying to pull Atticus off of my lap, and I thought that meant she wanted me. Finally, after enduring a few slaps to the face, I realized that she didn't want me--she wanted Atticus. I set her in my rocking chair and put Atticus on her lap.
It was exactly what she wanted, and Atticus was happy too.
I hope they always have this kind of bond.
When my days get difficult, sometimes the only thing that holds me together is seeing these two kiddos together.
This is how a typical day at our house goes:
No comments:
Post a Comment