Before Atticus was born I had a trusty clipboard that I carried with me all over the house. On it I kept all kinds of reminders, "to do" lists, shopping lists, and calendars. It was the only way for me to keep my anxiety at bay without Xanax. I am grateful especially for my "to do" list and for a persistent husband who wouldn't let me go to bed until we could cross at least one thing off the list. With Atticus arriving three weeks early, there's no way we would have been ready.
We cleaned the carpets with my parents' shampooer just a few days before he arrived. Unfortunately, I used too much soap and it didn't get rinsed well enough, and now the carpet looks dirtier than they did before we "cleaned" them.
Netty had been sleeping in a pack-'n-play from birth. Once we found out we were expecting another baby, we began saving for a crib. Of course, when you're already living on very little, you can't afford much. And so we bought the cheapest crib we could find that was low enough to the ground so that I could reach to put my babies in it. The first several naps and nights were rough on Netty. She got a leg stuck every time. Thankfully, she has now learned to "keep her arms and legs inside the ride."

.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment