Jon and I celebrated our second anniversary this week. I wish I could say that we left this kids with their grandparents and went on a romantic get-away, but in fact we stayed home.
After putting the kids in bed, I made dinner for two.
I bought a new dress to distract myself from the fact that my shape has changed since having two children.
Jon wore the tie and vest that he got when we got married.
And just as we were crawling into bed, the baby woke up.
These have been two busy and difficult years. We've survived two births, five moves, a graduation, two rounds of unemployment, and countless late nights wondering if we'll ever get life figured out. But I love this man, and I am grateful every day that he is a part of my life. Every day is hard lately. But I am so grateful for a loving and supportive husband who finds some way to make me genuinely smile every day.
The best decision I made was giving this man my phone number.

What a crazy two years it has been for you! lol. Happy Anniversary!
ReplyDelete