Sunday, March 31, 2013

'Twas the Night Before Easter....

Did you know that the day before Easter is the worst day to go to Dollar Tree? I don't know that for a fact, but after going today, I'm pretty sure it's true. Netty and I braved the storm together. And really, I was grateful for the company since she was in such a good mood. Her smiles made the crowded aisles worth it.

Knock knock. Who's there? Eether. Eether who? Eether Bunny!

When we got home we ate dinner and then dyed Easter eggs. Netty was very excited when she saw all the colored water. Too bad it didn't taste as good as it looked.

We had to take this picture because I realized after I took the first one that she didn't have a bow in her hair, and she wasn't even wearing clothes to show that she's a girl. So, being the mother that I am, I had to put a bow on her head, and Jon had to roll his eyes at me.

Netty was really fascinated by the eggs and the dye.

What do we do with it now?

Try to fit the entire thing in my mouth of course!

While Jon and I finished up with the rest of the eggs, we gave Netty a plastic egg and a cup of water. She dunked the egg in the water just like Jon and I were doing with the hard-boiled eggs. And when the water spilled all over the tray, she played it in.

Netty also had her first Peep tonight. She ate the ears, but then the rest of it was slimy from her wet fingers, and the rest of the Peep ended up on the floor.

Here are the eggs we dyed. Tomorrow they will be potato salad and deviled eggs.

Here's a close-up of the ones with our names on them. I was a little disappointed that Netty's purple egg looks so gray in this picture. Maybe I need to put a bow on it and take another picture...

After dyeing eggs, Jon went to Broulim's while I bathed and jammied Netty. While we were cleaning up the table, I picked up the camera and said, "Smile, Netty!" And she actually did!

 Every Easter when I was little we had Jell-O eggs, so I decided that since I was brave enough to dye eggs with a baby, I wanted to make Jell-O eggs. Once upon a time I had egg molds for this very thing, but somewhere along the line I got rid of them because I never used them. So I made them with regular plastic eggs. And now I'm afraid my fingers will never be the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment