Netty hit 11 months this past week, and she is proving to be a true character. At every turn she has started to do something new, which either makes me laugh, roll my eyes, or both. Life at the Phelps home is anything but dull.
Netty loves pizza. Most people know that every Thursday at our house is Pizza Thursday, and you can imagine that means we eat pizza for dinner.
We finally got a new car about two weeks ago. My dad was able to find us a great deal on a 2003 Caravan. All of us were anxious to try out our new wheels.

Here's the full side view of the van with Netty in the front seat. She was banging on the windows and giggling, though you can't tell in the picture.
This was Netty's first ride in our new car. I don't know how much different a minivan feels to an 11-month-old, but she seems to be much happier when we take trips in this car as opposed to our last one. Perhaps it's that at last her legs have a little room, or maybe that she can actually see out the window.
Occasionally we visit Daddy at work at the Reading Center. Netty has found her favorite hideout underneath the table in the waiting area. You can't see it here, but there's a basket under there that she plays with. She'll disappear completely when she gets all the way underneath.
Netty has dubbed our coffee table her own. She comes up to it and takes everything off and then pats it. She's even been known to put her head down on it and say, "Ahhhh," just like she does with her favorite blanket.
We have developed a morning routine where Jon gets Netty out of bed and changes her diaper while I make a bottle, and then I feed it to her. The other morning I was a little slow getting out of bed, and when I got up to make the bottle, this is what I found.
Netty loves Daddy. Every day he takes her to get the mail, and sometimes they go for walks to Broulim's together. Netty has learned now that the front door leads out, and that this is where Daddy goes when he's gone all day. So now she spends a lot of time standing at the door and pounding on it while hollering at the top of her lungs.
Last Saturday we went to Idaho Falls for the afternoon and ended with dinner at Red Robin. We agreed to take a booth with a booster seat as opposed to a table with a high chair so we could be seated sooner. Big mistake. Netty was climbing out of the seat every ten seconds. They also gave us a kids menu and crayons. I thought that was pretty funny. I mean, I know I have a smart baby, but really? Instead of coloring with the crayons, this is how Netty passed the time.
The other day I was in the bedroom when I heard the crinkling of paper from the living room. For a second it sounded like scripture paper. I panicked and ran in to find Netty going through my wallet and pulling out old receipts. Such a relief.









No comments:
Post a Comment