Whose Nose and Toes? by John Butler
This used to be about the only book the kids wanted to read. It has adorable illustrations of baby animals, and it only shows their nose and toes so you have to guess what animal it is. Then when you turn the page, it shows the whole animal. At the end, it has a page of all the animals on it, and the kids love to point when we tell them to find certain ones. They also make all the sounds.
Little People Let's Go to the Farm by Fisher Price
This book is fun for the kids because every page has several flaps to lift. It teaches baby animals names, animal sounds, colors, shapes, and counting. Both of the kids will sit quietly with this book for several minutes. It's a great one for church.
The Berenstain Bears by Stan and Jan Berenstain
Netty is in a huge Berenstain Bear phase, and I love it. These were always my favorite books when I was growing up, and it's fun to read them with her. She picks one that is her favorite for a few days, and we read it over and over. Luckily, in a few days (when I've had about all I can take of Messy Room or Slumber Party), I know she'll be ready for a different one.
The Foot Book by Dr. Seuss
Or really most Dr. Seuss books. This particular book was the first book that I could read (or perhaps I just had it memorized). Atticus loves it more than any other. The great thing about Dr. Seuss is that there aren't may words on a page, so you can get through them quickly. We also sometimes do funny voices or read them really fast (the faster the better because the kids think it's funny). My personal favorite is Fox in Socks, which was Netty's favorite a while back, because the tongue twisters are fun once you get the hang of them. The best Fox in Socks reader is my brother Justin. Voices and speed--it's incredible.
Bonus: Atticus "reading" The Foot Book. He says, "Feet, feet, feet."


No comments:
Post a Comment