Friday, August 29, 2014

Fourth of July Festivities

 After Atticus's birthday party, we went to my sister Sarah's house in Tacoma for another party to celebrate the holiday.

Mount Rainier on the way to Sarah's house--I never get tired of that mountain!

Stephanie and Pa, my mom's dad - The two of them were talking, and I couldn't help but take a picture. It is one of my favorites.

My brother-in-law's aunt brought a bunch of cheap toys to Sarah's house for the kids to play with. The most popular was a set of long balloons that you blow up with a pump and then let them fly off. We didn't have enough pumps, so we started just blowing them up with our mouths. Not easy, my friend.

Blowing her heart out

HoneyGram gathered the kids out in the field with their balloons, and they let them all go at the same time.

Brian and Sarah

I told Justin I wanted a good head shot of him, and this is what he did.

And then I said, "No, seriously." And so he gave me this one.

And then this one.

And finally this one. Gotta love brothers.

HoneyGram brought matching hats for Atticus and Hyrum. Atticus's didn't fit him, but Oliver wore his to the party at Sarah's house. Of course Papa had to try it on too.

Netty had her first experience with sparklers. Last year we didn't do them because I was in the hospital in labor with Atticus, and the year before she was too young. I couldn't decide which picture I liked best, so here's a few:
The black on her face is ash. Shortly after I took this picture, the sparkler went out, and she touched the end of it. She had a lot of tears and a little blister.

HoneyGram and Papa with the three youngest grandbabies

It was such a good day. I am so grateful for my family.

No comments:

Post a Comment