One of the very first memories I have is of my mom rocking me in our old rocking chair. I remember feeling my blanky on my cheek and looking up at my mom in the dim light while she sang "My Heavenly Father Loves Me." I have no idea how old I was. I just know that I was little enough to fit snugly in my mom's arms.
Flash forward 25+ years, and this same song, now known as "HoneyGram's Song," is part of our nightly ritual. I sing it to both of my children every night. When it was time to sing it tonight, Netty started singing along. She's done this once before, and on both occasions, it has surprised me. Although she can't verbalize most of the words, I know that she knows them. Once we were through, she said, "Again," and I grabbed my camera.
Yes, I know Heavenly Father loves me.
No comments:
Post a Comment