Fortunately, our A/C window unit works marvelously.
Unfortunately, it's only in one room. And next month's electric bill might not take too kindly to my need to be cool.
Fortunately, Netty loves to snuggle with me.
Unfortunately, it's BEASTLY hot (as my nephew once said), and the last thing I feel like doing is curling up with Netty under her fuzzy "blankie."
Fortunately, Netty has taken a liking to my belly. She pats it, lies across it, and curls up around it.
Unfortunately, she also likes to pull up my shirt and "tickle" my bellybutton, even in public.
Today's Doctor's Appointment: 36 Weeks, 4 Days
Fortunately, the baby is growing nicely.
Unfortunately, he's a whale. And he's breech.
Fortunately, the baby remains very active and he might turn on his own.
Unfortunately, if he doesn't, the doctor has to try to turn him next week, and I've heard that can be painful.
Fortunately, we were able to see our baby boy today because our doctor wanted to get a better idea of his size via ultrasound.
Unfortunately, this kiddo is measuring 7 pounds 9 ounces right now, still four weeks ahead of his due date.
Fortunately, the doctor also felt my belly to be sure.
Unfortunately, it is quite uncomfortable to be squeezed from the outside and simultaneously kicked from the inside.
Fortunately, measuring a baby still in the womb is an imprecise practice, and the number could be totally off.
Unfortunately, it's not that off. Baby is already larger than Netty was at birth.
Fortunately, between the size of the baby and how many contractions I've been having, I may not make it to my due date.
Unfortunately the trip that we were planning to Utah for July 4th is off since I'm in the last month and the chance of going into labor is too great. I was so looking forward to seeing my brother and his family who are visiting my parents from Washington. And I'm not going to lie--I was especially looking forward to taking several dips in my parents' swimming pool and sitting in their air conditioned house.
And for those who can decipher ultrasound photos, here's a few pics of the little (or rather big) guy....
Sideways view of his face--His nose is right in the center of the picture, and his mouth is to the right of that. His lips look a little distorted because his right arm is pressed against his right cheek. The really dark kind of round shadow above and just left of his nose is his left eye.
And here is his right ear in the center of this picture. His right eyebrow is the light line way to the right of the frame, and part of his eye can be seen underneath the eyebrow.



Lot's of good and not-so-good today! We will come to you if you can't come to us, though, so don't worry! If he decides to come while we're there that would be just fine, too (assuming, of course, that the little dude gets into position on his own). I'll email you a link to Spinning Babies' recommendation of positions and exercises to encourage a breech baby to turn.
ReplyDeleteSee you soon!