I'm not typically one to get excited over General Conference. It's nice to be able to watch it at home, to not have to get dressed up, but it's never really been a time that I especially look forward to. This last Conference I actually felt ready for it, and that made all the difference as I listened to/watched the apostles speak. The weekend was relaxing, and just what I needed to feel rejuvenated.
On Saturday morning I made crepes for the first time since we lived in Rexburg. One of our friends from down the street, Tarah, made us some peach melba jam with peaches from my parents' peach tree. That was the favorite crepe filling.
We are still trying to interest Netty in the potty chair. She goes through days where she's interested and others where she throws fits. On GC Saturday, HoneyGram convinced Netty to sit on the potty chair. And of course anything Netty does, Atti has to do as well.
The kids napped through the Saturday afternoon, making for a peaceful Conference session. Every General Conference over the last couple years my family sends text messages and pictures to each other. It makes it feel more like we're all together, and it has become my favorite Conference tradition. This is our #ConfUssie ("ussie" is the termed dubbed by Ellen deGeneres for a group "selfie").
On Sunday we watched Conference with the kids, my parents, Stephanie, and Nicole (our cousin). It was a little more difficult to focus because the kids were so entertaining, but we still had a good time.
After the final session of Conference on Sunday, my cousins Paul and Becca and Becca's family came over for dinner. Netty was pretty shy, but after a while she finally warmed up. Here is Paul reading to Netty and two of Becca's children.
No comments:
Post a Comment