When I was pregnant with Netty, I swore I didn't want a glider because the one my sister had always squeaked. Kind of counterproductive when you're trying to put a baby to sleep. Finding a rocking chair that wasn't a glider was a much more difficult task than I had imagined. It seemed to be all anyone was selling. But what I realized after Netty was born was that there's a reason why that's what most stores sell. They're comfortable and practical. The rocking chair we bought from D.I. just before we had Netty was exactly what I thought I wanted until I had to hold a baby in it, sometimes for hours at a time.
After careful thought, consideration, and research, I decided that indeed, I too wanted a glider. Of course in true Jonny spirit, my dear husband said, "Sure. Yeah. Whatever you'd like." We found a cheap but nice glider/ottoman set from Walmart. And I love it!
Daddy started school this week, so Netty helped me put it together.
And an eager helper she was!
The box was fun too (and apparently tasty)!
The finished product




Looks fun! Good luck keeping it clean! I love light furniture! I'm sure netty and Atticus will enjoy the rocking and gliding:)
ReplyDeleteI know it won't be easy, but it was the only color they had (all of the models had light colored padding). Apparently the designer doesn't have children.
ReplyDelete