Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Such a Long Time...

I know it's been a while since I last posted. Jon and I are living in Utah with my parents, and I am student teaching at South Davis Junior High in Bountiful. I teach five classes of eighth graders. I knew it would be difficult, but I didn't know in what ways. I have been dealing with "revenge of the morning sickness," only it's not just morning sickness because it has all come as a result of the anxiety and stress of school. I had an observation today that went really well, so I'm hoping that will propel me forward with more confidence. I am down to twenty-seven days of student teaching, and I am SOOOO excited to be done!

Interestingly enough, my focus to get me through student teaching has not been having my own classroom or the thought of graduating. The only thing getting me through is my baby. When student teaching becomes unbearable, I think about holding my baby girl. The real reward for finishing my student teaching is not to walk at graduation or receive my diploma but being with Netty. Maybe it's a little sad that after all of this hard work and nearly seven years of college graduation is being overshadowed, but I can't feel too bad. I feel so blessed that in one year's time, all that I have ever wanted in life is happening.

The Lord has been good to Jonny and me, and He continues blessing us in ways that we couldn't imagine.

1 comment:

  1. Isn't it fun to look forward to a sweet heaven sent baby? It really makes life so much more worth all the pain and difficulty. I don't know how you teach 8th graders! Id wet my pants.I'm glad you got to spend some time in spanish.it sure means a lot to my mom. Miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete