Friday, December 9, 2011

Greetings from Netty!

We are so, so excited to announce that we are having a GIRL! Neither Jon nor I are surprised but we're so glad that we finally have the proof. Contrary to Aunt Stephie's wishes, Netty has her mother's modesty. Her legs were crossed through most of the ultrasound, but the ultrasound technician was persistent and wasn't going to let us leave without knowing the gender for sure. So Jonny and I decided that we're not quite ready to embarrass her yet, and we've opted out of posting her "parts" (or I guess lack of parts). There will be plenty of opportunities for her to lose faith in us after she's born.

Here is a profile shot. The little blob above her head is her fist. She's a wiggle-worm, but she kept her hand kind of over her eye. I think she's shielding her eyes from the light. It's day, after all, and if she's anything like me, she'll come out saying, "I hate sunshine! I hate it!"

 More evidence that she is in fact my child. Here is her yawn. Her nose is on the right, her chin on the left.

 This is probably the best as picture as far as a profile is concerned. The ultrasound technician was trying to get a 3-D shot, but she was moving so much that none of them turned out very clear.

This is also a good profile shot except that she's practically kissing the placenta.

Everything is still on track. Her heartbeat was very strong and clear, and right now she is in the 55th percentile for her weight. We couldn't be happier!

2 comments:

  1. A girl! What a treat! Is Netty her name, or just a for now term? I love those pics. Isn't it fun to see how much they move and do common things like yawn? I saw my baby cover his eyes with both hands. LOvE It!!!! See ya in a wk plus...

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is absolutely adorable...but of course I expected nothing less!!

    ReplyDelete